Sunday, April 01, 2007

New P.R.




As you may know, in order to keep from growing stale in my retirement, I have continued to drive a school bus. I may have sworn off teaching, but I haven't gotten the yellow paint out of my system.


I get $18 per hour. I get two trips a week. I opt for one weeknight and a long one on Saturday, if possible. For yesterday, I had signed up for a "private" trip, one that didn't involve schools or school kids. The job was to take 9 teens from a Duncanville church to Reunion Arena, where a youth rally ("Acquire the Fire") was occurring.


The time frame I expected was 7:30 AM to 9 PM. The reality was 7:30 AM to 11:10 PM. I've never been on a longer field trip. To kill the time, I took my camera gear along and took pictures of trains (see above) and, later, the nearly-full moon (also above). The moon shot shows it slipping behind the familiar green lights of the Bank of America building.
Field trips are a trade-off. The money is OK, but I surely could use the time doing other things. The weather yesterday was incredibly nice...seems to work out that way a lot.


2 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Wow, cool shots. I'm still lurking round these parts...what's up with Bretts blog taking so long to be updated....

Tim Perkins said...

I think Brett and Jenny, like many of us, have tired of coming up with blogging ideas and consider day-to-day events of their lives unimportant to others.

I feel the same way!