Saturday, February 04, 2006

Lasik Update


It's been a month and a half since I let Dr. Boothe do a burn on my eyes. This week I returned for another post-op checkup and my eyes tested out at 20/16. They may be better than that. With my distance eye, I could read the lowest line on the eye chart. With my close-up eye, I read the smallest print on the card they handed me.

I guess they'd have to give me more stringent eyecharts in order to see if I'm indeed better than 20/16.

I can't tell you how pleased I am with the results. All of the things that were nuisances during the first couple of weeks are gone. I have the ability to switch from looking at fine print to looking at a faraway object with no lag time. I wake up in the morning with perfect vision and no glasses or contacts to mess with.

I want Carole to experience this freedom. Her vision problems are more complicated than mine, but I'm confident they can handle it.

No comments: