Monday, October 24, 2005
These are a Few of My Favorite Things
1. The glimpse of heaven produced when hundreds of well-trained voices sing praises to God.
2. The sound emanating from the pipes on my former Dodge Ram when cranking up.
3. Mashed potatoes.
4. The smell of new tires. (Weird, ain't I?)
5. That sweet NASCAR feeling you get when you stomp the gas and pass a car on Hwy. 281.
6. Apple-cinnamon anything.
7. Good kids. Whether they're mine or someone else's, it's pure joy to be around respectful, mannerly, clean-cut kids.
8. Thanksgiving. (Hasn't this surpassed Christmas due to the very nature of the holiday and the lack of commercialization?)
9. Drums. I dig drums, man. They're the most, man.
10. The way a flannel shirt feels the first time you wear it. But not the second time, because by then it has shrunk one full size.
Posted by Tim Perkins at 10/24/2005 10:49:00 AM