Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Lasik Update


About three weeks ago, my 20/16 eyesight began to change. I noticed that when I looked at printed matter from a distance of 2 to 6 feet, the image was slightly double. Since then, the situation has continued to worsen, slowly and in small increments. Now I have some eye strain...which creates a slight headache that rarely goes away.

I had hoped that I would avoid the "enhancement" phase of lasik. That's where they take the first procedure and improve on it. Looks like I'm a prime candidate now.

I had made an appointment with Dr. Boothe for next Wednesday some time ago. I can't wait for them to explain why this has happened. It must be fairly routine, since there are regular checkups throughout the first year. Best case scenario: I get the checkup on Wednesday and they do the enhancement on Friday.

Stay tuned.

No comments: