Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Step by Step



One of the highlights of the past week was a surprise. Our two-year, 364 week old grand-daughter, Maddie, wanted to sing for us. We were expecting a normal, typical Sunday school song...something like "The wise man built his house upon the rock" or similar. Instead, she trotted out her version of the church song, "Step by Step".



She was dead-on with the melody. The lyrics sounded like this: "Step by step you weed me, and I will folwo you all of my days".



It was one of those magical moments that help define grandparenthood.

Here she is in the non-singing mode:



2 comments:

Lynn Leaming said...

Isn't Maddie a cutie patootie! I love stories about kids singing. Becky Campbell had a great one about Ava on her blog yesterday. I had the same experience when I was in the hospital and 3 year old Matalee Heflin was going to sing for me on the phone. I thought "Jesus loves Me", like you she surprised me with the entire lyrics of "I Am The Sheep"! It was an incredible time of ministry for me from the heart of a child.

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Too cute. Luke is into singing "Jesus Wuv's Me Dis I know"...it's just so precious! Wish you could bottle up this age and keep em' this young forever.