What oldies song gets you going the most? I'm not interested in anything recent. I don't think anything decent and catchy has been written or recorded since 1975. (That's a scary thought: good music is not being written now! What on earth kind of garbage will my grandkids be exposed to?) Anyway, the song that never fails to get my foot tapping is hinted at in the blog's title: Dancing in the Streets.
Now there is nothing overwhelmingly intellectual about this choice. Not much of a heavy, life-changing message in the lyrics. Just a contagious beat that has always lifted my spirits. Here are few others that are high on my list:
1. Twelfth of Never (Johnny Mathis)
2. The Two of Us (Edye Gormet and Steve Lawrence)
3. Cracklin' Rose (Neil Diamond)
4. She's a Woman (The Beatles)
5. Devoted to You (Everly Bros.)
OK, chime in with yours.