Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Update on Mom


Since Carole and I will be in the Baylor area tomorrow afternoon, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to pick up Mom's car and remove any temptation to take just one more trip. But I was worried that when she heard my plan, she might change her mind and put up a protest. But she didn't. She said that she briefly thought about trying to drive to the beauty shop again, but got scared. She said that, as a result of her "incident" the other day, she had lost all confidence behind the wheel.


My siblings and I can decide how best to dispose of the car during the next few days. The important thing is to get the car out of her garage. By the way, it's a 1997 Olds with a whopping 26K miles.


We are really blessed in that my bus lot is very close to Mom's house. It will be very convenient for me to run her errands and get her groceries as needed on my way home in the mornings.

I feel an overwhelming sense of relief at the moment.

No comments: