Saturday, June 03, 2006

Whom Do You Trust?


God is a rock. He will never fail us. It's important to remember that when we are confronted with human failure.

As a kid, I woke up one day and decided I was a high-jumper. I didn't have a high-jump pit in which to practice, so I built my own. I tied a string around the telephone pole in our parkway and tied the other end to my bicycle, which was standing upright on the other side of the sidewalk. I couldn't really adjust the height much, but as it turned out, my pit was only going witness one jump. On my first effort, I failed to lift my first foot high enough and came down stomach-first on the concrete. It took several minutes to inhale my first post-jump breath. It was as though an invisible cannonball had penetrated my navel.

Today I got the same feeling when I found out troubling things about a couple of Christians...two guys in whom I've put a lot of trust. I can't believe it. It hurts. And what does God compel me to do in times like these?

1. Pray for them.
2. Don't gossip.
3. Lean on Him, the Rock.


No comments: